One year ago this Sunday, at 12:34 pm, the President of the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Redwood City shared with me the news that the congregation had voted (at 97%) to call me as their settled Minister. I was invited to take a few days to think about it. But, standing at the threshold of the building, I surprised myself by throwing my head back and shouting “YES!”, so that all inside could hear my answer to that call. It was as exhilarating a moment as any I have ever known. The weeks and months after that are a bit of a blur, defined as they were by leave-taking from my congregation, packing up the house, getting it ready for sale, having those “last visits” to the beach, the favorite restaurant, the gym, and by searching for a new home. The latter was the most frustrating part, as it resulted in several false starts and a house needing months of work (and we’re still not done). Never would I have imagined to have experienced so many changes in this past year. Transitions can be hard, even when desired. And yet here I am, preparing to announce the scheduling of the Installation Ceremony, and to finalize the renovation of the house down the street, into which my mother will be moving. Our youngest son is graduating from college in June, and our daughter is moving back to the United States after 3 years in Germany. June is also the date of the 10 year anniversary of my having been ordained into Unitarian Universalist Ministry. There is so much to celebrate – and I am so very grateful for all of it, and especially for the encouragement and support of my family and friends.
Rev. Stefanie Etzbach-Dale
- e-mail: RevSteffi@gmail.com
- http://t.co/S6w8lniizJ♥Be a Light unto the World!♥ 5 years ago
- http://t.co/U9EtuRBBns♥Be a Light unto the World!♥ 5 years ago
- Spiritual bullying is an oxymoron. I get a kick out of most oxymorons. Not this one.♥Be a Light unto the World!♥ 6 years ago
- In order to be filled, the vessel must first be empty. Just sayin'♥Be a Light unto the World!♥ 6 years ago
- I am the prodigal tweeter - returned after a wild ride of a journey!♥Be a Light unto the World!♥ 6 years ago